Railsavers, the UK's leading Motorail specialist, has been running for over 25 years offering quality direct overnight trains to two destinations in Italy - Alessandria in northern Italy and Livorno further south in the Tuscany region and a third to Koper in Slovenia!
Headed up by managing director David Evans, and supported by experienced team members, we offer a friendly and experienced booking service. We can answer any question; recommend any destination and advice on the best routes dates and prices!
Benefits over driving or flying:
- Quicker – only 1 night on a direct service!
- Peace of mind for nervous flyers
- No hotel stops
- No direction stops or getting lost
- Fantastic scenery – the views are breathtaking!
- Comfortable accommodation – a range to suit all budgets and party sizes
- Tasty food included- restaurant upgrades available for a memorable experience
- Dedicated steward/ess to each carriage
- Bar cafe to get a late nightcap- not possible when driving!
- Children love it!
- Take as much luggage as your car can hold
- No racking up mileage on your vehicle
- Motorcyclists - avoid those numb bums!
- Take classic cars or bikes, or top of the range sports cars or bikes cruising round Italy in style!
- Small pets welcome!
Can often be cheaper or at the very least, extremely cost effective when taking into account the above.
The trains depart every Friday and return every Saturday. Alessandria is in northern Italy, close for the Italian lakes, and parts of the South of France, such as Nice and Frejus. Livorno is further south in the Tuscany region. Koper is on the coast in Slovenia about 25 minutes from the Italian border at Trieste.
To quote, we need the following information:
Desired destination: They all depart from S'Hertogenbosch in Holland, on the Belgium border, accessible from the UK by various channel crossing services, of which we give fantastic discounts!
How many adults and children: Children classed as under 12’s
Vehicle type and quantity: We take cars, motorbikes, trikes and scooters, including most sports and classic vehicles. We are limited to a maximum height of 1.69m for Livorno, 1.71 for Alessandria and Koper 1.68, with cars between 1.55 and 1.71 having much less availability.
Any pets: Small dogs with a maximum weight limit of 12kg are allowed on the Motorail, but they are not allowed to stay in the luxury sleepers, and they are not allowed to be left unattended, so if you want restaurant upgrades, your party will have to eat separately.
Channel crossings: We do great discounts on services from Folkestone, Harwich, Hull, Dover and Newcastle- we almost always beat the web price by a significant amount! Let us know your preferred service and we’ll match your dates/times to suit – at a discounted price!
We always source the best deal possible for you, so to get a quote, please ring 01253 595555 or email firstname.lastname@example.org