Amount of notice you give us before the scheduled departure date.
More than 56 days.....................................
Cancellation Charge Deposit
No refunds are made by us for cancellations on or after the day of the departure.
Please note: If you have made a return booking and you wish to cancel the outward or return part of your journey, the cancellation charges above will be applied. However, if you either the outward or return part of the journey is cancelled 57 or more days before departure, a £60 cancellation fee will be applied. In all instances, where the return part of the journey is cancelled, the outward date of travel will determine the cancellation fee to be applied.
7. A late booking is a booking made within 10 weeks if the departure date and for which full payment of the total price is required on booking. In the event of you cancelling a late booking, you will indemnify us in accordance with the cancellation charges set out above.
After your booking has been accepted you wish to make any material change or alteration to your booking we shall do our utmost to satisfy your requirements. We do however reserve the right to charge an amendment fee of £25 per party for each change made and £40 per party for any change (including vehicle damage) made after the travel documents have been issued by the Motorail operator. If you notify us within 8 weeks of your departure date that you wish to transfer to a new departure date when amendment charges will apply as set out above. Modifications concerning car change do not attract alliteration fees except where the tickets have been issued. We require that personal insurance cover is taken in order to protect you and your party from unforeseen difficulties that may cause cancellation.
8. Tickets are issued as part of the total package and partial refunds cannot be considered in any respect. Tickets can only be issued against payment in full.
9. Operators- the train operators reserve the right at any time prior to departure to very prices or amend your booking in any way. At all times the train operator will make a reasonable endeavour to inform you of the changes in writing but this may not always be possible.
10. Vehicles and motorcycles must comply with the manufacturers’ specifications and must be in good running order.
Overall height, we have limited ‘high car’ space of up to 1.68m. Please mention to us when booking a vehicle over 1.55m and up to 1.68m. However cars towing trailers are subject to an overall height limit of 1.55m (5’0 ½”) Cars must have a ground clearance of not less than 0.10m (4”) and a track not exceeding 1.85m (6’). IT IS THE CLIENT’S RESPONSIBILITY TO ENSURE VEHICLES ARE WITHIN QUOTED DIMENSIONS.
Vintage Cars: Can be accepted on Motorail services on application.
The carrier reserves the right to refuse any vehicle at the loading point and it is the client’s responsibility to ensure that vehicles are within the quoted acceptable dimensions.
11. Date of Travel: Open-dated Motorail tickets cannot be issued tickets for return journeys and are valid for a maximum of 5 months only.
12. Sleeping conditions are as follows:
A maximum of three people from one party/family are allowed in sleeper compartments.
Couchettes; four and six berth are also offered for sole occupancy but individuals can also purchase a berth in shared and mixed compartments. In these team compartments you are not separated according to sex.
13. Loading and collection of vehicles: Loading times for vehicles do not necessarily correspond to the time at which passengers may board the train. Please refer to your tickets. N.B. Vehicles must be collected on their day of arrival.
14. Changes to train service schedules are beyond our control and Railsavers cannot accept responsibility for any loss or inconvenience to you or your party as a result. No claim for damage to vehicles will be entertained by the Motorail operator unless reported to the railway authorities before the vehicle is removed from the station in question. Written confirmation of such authority should be dealt with directly through the Motorail operator.
15. Your contract with us is subject to the terms and conditions of carriage imposed by the Cross Channel Ferry, Eurotunnel and Fastcraft companies. Passengers, their baggage, vehicles and effect are carried on transport subject to the regulations and conditions of carriage imposed by the conditions of carriage imposed by the EETC (Euro-Express-Train-Charter) within France and Italy.
16. Tickets for travel within France are subject to the appropriate section of the French Civil Code and the Code of Commerce. We cannot accept liability to you or your party for any loss or damage accident death or injury arising from the acts or omissions of the independent contractors providing transport services. Changes to ferry and train service schedules are beyond our control and we cannot accept responsibility for any loss or inconvenience to you or your party as a result.
17. Applications for refunds for alleged failure, or non-performance of the contract must be submitted in writing to the issuing office within 28 days after the date of travel. You must obtain a suitable endorsement of the ticket by an appropriate representative of the carrier either on board the train, at the destination station or from the train operator’s representative in Den Bosch and enclose this endorsed ticket with your application.
18. This contract and all matters arising from it are governed by English Law. Invoices are issued on an E & O.E. basis.